Where are they now?: No. 20.
by Lisa Y. Henderson
T.W. was born in North Carolina in the 1940s. He is descended from the following free people of color, all of Robeson County, unless otherwise noted:
(1) Keziah Brooks [1815-1893]
(2) Hugh Chavis [1807-1862] via Effie Ann Chavis [1827-1917]
(3) Matilda Jones
(4) Mackie Jane Locklear [1845-??]
(5) Richmond Locklear via Anna Eliza Locklear [1840-??]
(6) Thomas Locklear [1780-ca1865] via Thomas Locklear [1828-1892] via Nicholas Locklear (ca1845-??)
(7) William Maynor [1805-ca1880] via Angus Maynor [1832-ca1890] via Jordan Riles Maynor [1860-1941]
(8) Bryant Oxendine [1838-ca1875]
(9) Solomon Oxendine [1831-1897] via Martha Oxendine [1862-??]
(10) Clarissa Sweat [1814-1897]
(11) Emily Terry [1848-1919, Cumberland/Wayne]
(12) Charles Winn [1817-1892, Duplin/Wayne] via William Winn [1835-??, Wayne/Robeson]
(13) Martin Woodell via Patsey Woodell [1837-1880]
(14) Elender Young [1800-ca1865, Duplin/Wayne] via America Young [1820-1900, Duplin/Wayne]
I am a descendant of many of these same people.
I’ve got several posts related to these families. Hope you find something useful, and thanks for commenting! — Lisa H.